SIZE: 7.8 x 5.6 ft
Only 1 available, ready to ship
Gabbeh (from the Persian language farsi; raw, natural, uncut) represents a rough and primitive carpet with patterns mostly made by Ghashghai nomads from the Farsi province in the southwest of Iran. These carpets are probably the most well-known handmade carpets from Iran. They are manufactured by handspun wool, both in the pile and warp, and the yarns are dyed using plant dyes. The carpets are much thicker than other Persian carpets, sometimes up to 2.5 cm thick.
The patterns of the carpet are of a simple type with only a few elements of decorative, mostly rectangular objects containing animals. During the last decades, the weavers have had to meet the demands of the west and have therefore, resorted to using large light fields with chary pattering in the Gabbeh carpets.
SIZE: 5'.6'' (Width) x 7'.8'' (Length)
- Manufactured by Imam Carpet Co.
- Made in Pakistan
- Single knot symmetrical knotted (Ghiordes or Turkish Knot)
- 50-80 Knots Per Square Inch
- Wool Pile
- Cotton Base
- Age: New
- Thickness: Medium 0.25 - 0.75 Inch
- Both Sides Usable: No
- Outdoors Usable: No
- Shedding is a natural characteristic of fresh rugs.
- Do not brush the rug. Vacuum the rug from time to time.
- Blot any spillage immediately from the rug and avoid rubbing the stain.
- Rotate the rug periodically to even out wear.
- Install protectors underneath heavy furniture to prevent the rug from flattening and piling.
- Clip threads from the rug with a scissor, do not pull.
- Avoid folding the rug. Do not lay the rug on a wet surface.
- It is advised to have the rug professionally cleaned, periodically.
30 Days Free Returns & ExchangeRefund Policy
Take advantage of our hassle-free returns and exchange policy, and shop with confidence knowing you have 30 days to decide.
Trusted Since 1952About Us
Authentic Handmade Carpets - Buy Directly from Pakistan's Pioneering Manufacturers in the Industry!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.